This area forms the root of all development and, without it, all other variables and components required by progress would fail dramatically. PdePS therefore gives this area special care and attention.
Any solutions provided depend on the characteristics of each country, its uses and customs, existing infrastructures and the degree of training of the population, together with the existence of a national health plan and the availability and level of professionals in the sector.
National health plans must be defined for any action taken regarding health to have the necessary consistency and rationality. Aware of its significance and implications, PdePS offers governments this possibility through the corresponding specialist CONSULTING AND ADVICE in this area.
Set within the general directives that the National Plan establishes, the next and principal objective should be that of providing the bodies responsible for the Health Services with comprehensive solutions to problems of general medical and hospital equipment, supplying top quality equipment and ensuring its appropriate use and durability through user and maintenance technician training.
The complex circumstances that may arise mean that PdePS must work on specific solutions for each project, country and level, enabling it to offer the following comprehensive solutions:
Adapting to the specific problems of each country (level of technology, weather, geographic location, demography, etc.), PdePS is able to develop any type of project in these area, advising those responsible for health and correctly studying the needs of each country and/or region in order to propose solutions that best fit the existing situation.
For regions with more difficult access or areas with little population, PdePS offers a wide range of mobile hospital solutions to enable governments to provide greater health cover in certain areas through less investment, without waiving a quality health service for the population.
These mobile units are basically designed to serve small towns that are unsuitably covered by the Basic Health Services.
Each unit is fully autonomous and includes a pumping system, clean water storage and wastewater drainage, power generation and distribution, air conditioning, built-in furniture, consumables storage area, etc. All of this allows for autonomous movement and operations, leading to a better and faster response.
As an example, the most commonplace specialities for this type of solution are listed below, although other models with other specialities can be designed and prepared to suit client requirements:
- Preventive Medicine and Paediatric Care Unit
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit
- Odontology Unit
- Ophthalmology Unit
- ENT Unit
- Laboratory Unit
- Radio-diagnostics Unit
- Minor Surgery Unit
- Densitometry Unit
- Rehydration Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
The capacity of PdePS to provide a fast response to unexpected problems enables it to offer Field Hospitals for emergency situations or wars, within short implementation times and in line with the quality and efficiency standards it guarantees in all of its projects.
The different options that PdePS can offer includes any emergency situation that the client may have, such as:
CONTAINERS-BASED FIELD HOSPITALS
- Extremely functional and control of asepsis in the medical areas.
- Fast deployment and installation at high levels of quality and technology.
- Includes extendible containers to create areas of work of up to 35 m2, ideal for Surgeries and Intensive Care Units.
TENT-BASED FIELD HOSPITALS
- Aluminium structure tents. Provides hospitals that can remain in place for long periods. Full modularity and extensive deployment versatility.
- Inflatable tent. For fast deployment and mid-term presence.
- Galvanised steel structure tents. Require fewer resources for packaging, storage and transport and for deployment.
AIR PLATFORM-BASED FIELD HOSPITALS
- This is the most suitable option when deployments are required at greater speed in areas with difficult access.
- It is transported by plane or helicopter on 5 air platforms. Designed using light, compact equipment to reduce installation and operation times.
MIXED CONTAINER-TENT FIELD HOSPITALS
- Combination of container-based medical modules connected by corridor containers and including the necessary tents as triage, hospitalisation and supporting logistics systems.
TENT-BASED PRIMARY CARE POST
SURGICAL RESCUE UNIT
MOBILE, CONTAINER-BASED POLYCLINIC
The modular construction Primary Care Centres are designed to provide primary care in the prevention of disease and the promotion of health. Based on the latest techniques in modular construction, the centres can be up and running in a short period and at a lower cost than traditional construction.
Given their infrastructure, they offer easy access by the population to general medicine services and basic specialities, rationalising the demand for care on a tertiary level and enabling leading hospitals to use their resources on patients who are truly in need of their skills.
The basic characteristic of Hospitals is to provide general and specialist medical care, offering permanent prevention, cure and rehabilitation to hospitalised and outpatient patients in line with the patient’s health requirements.
Hospitals can be categorised by levels, classifying them according to risk:
LOW COMPLEXITY HOSPITALS (LEVEL I)
These include health promotion and protection activities, the control and early detection of disease and internment for the care of low-risk patients.
MEDIUM COMPLEXITY HOSPITALS (LEVEL II)
For diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that cannot be solved at a low-risk level. They deal with the four basic specialities of Internal Medicine, General surgery, Paediatrics and Obstetrics/Gynaecology.
HIGH COMPLEXITY HOSPITALS (LEVEL III)
This level includes low, medium and high-risk actions. The conditions must be met to deal with diagnostics and/or therapeutic procedures that require the highest level of resolution.
They include Hospitals with the utmost capacity to deal with diagnostics and therapeutics involving highly complex pathologies and are leading national hospitals and/or specialising institutes (Neurology, Traumatology, Oncology, etc.)
PdePS offers specific solutions to any problem that the countries and health institutions responsible may require. Along these lines, PdePS is able to deal with areas including both the most frequent and least complex situation that involves the re-equipping of certain areas of a Hospital and the updating or reconstruction of any service or hospital ward and the design and development of turnkey projects.
This range of services covers all areas of medical care, such as:
- TUNKEY HOSPITAL PROJECTS (Design, construction and equipping)
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT PACKAGES
- MODERNISATION AND REFURBISHMENT OF HOSPITALS
- TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR HOSPITALS, although the necessary local adaptation usually means that these systems should be contracted locally.
User training and the educating of technical personnel are mainstays in the health-related development of a country and form the principle of its technological independence with regards to more advanced countries. Therefore, PdePS offers these services within the framework of any type of project to be developed, in line with the objectives of the project itself.
The general objectives sought through these Training courses include:
- MAKING THE INVESTMENT AS PROFITABLE AS POSSIBLE
- EXTENDING THE WORKING LIFE
- LEARNING HANDILING CONDITIONS TO ENSURE SAFETY
- CONTIBUTE TOWARDS IMPROVING THE LEVEL OF TRAINING AND SKILLS OF HOSPITAL PERSONNEL
PdePS guarantees the correct working order of the equipment at its final destination, with the free-of-charge repair or replacement of parts that are defective at source.
It is important to note that our company takes responsibility for all of these services and that the client’s request for applications and solving of technical problems will be channelled and coordinated directly between PdePS and the end client, encouraging a relationship of close collaboration between both and unifying the process to solve any potential problems.
The technical personnel selected by PdePS will coordinate and supervise all work by the Technical Services that are required to successfully and satisfactorily implement the project.
This work can be summarised as follows:
- SUPERVISION OF PRE-INSTALLATIONS AT THE FINAL DESTINATION
- RECEPTION, INSTALLATIO, ASSEMBLY AND START-UP
- MAINTENANCE DURING THE TECHNICAL WARRANTY PERIOD